We’ve been working on refining so many things since releasing 1.0. One of the things that we did for 1.1 is to go over all the maps, redo the lighting and make it all flow better.
The map ramshackle was completely overhauled to mirror the mod-version in layout and lighting.
Finale has seen a similar type of polish, with the vault-entrance area being redone in a head-turning fashion.
The Dunes has seen a drastic change of lighting, using the very same light values that were used by Postman in the mod-version.
Grime has seen a number of cosmetic changes and some slight alterations to the layout, to improve the flow and to make items more visible.
A new map has been added, too. That one is titled Recotta Alley and is not based on any map of the original mod. I always wanted to work on an industrial park/backalley type map, so there I went and did it. It will definitely see a series of enhancements and updates in the future!
Updates to the vehicles are still coming, but we shifted their priority away from 1.1 as we wanted to get all those changes and improvements out there as soon as possible. Working with new physics and mechanics requires a longer time of development and testing.
As said before, we are going to seperate the vehicle component a bit more. We will not give up on them entirely, however they’ll find their place and I assure you we’re going to make them a lot more fun (intentionally fun!).
Here is a changelog of all the major code-changes:
- Added bot skill system
- Added a warning to let you know if you’re joining an out-of-date server
- Added violence settings into the customisation menu
- Added caching for loadout and skill attributes
- Added icon on the HUD for when you’re carrying a flag
- Added third-person death cam
- Added spectating of players
- Added new Sawed-off shotgun animations
- Added new Winston 1884 animations
- Added a mutator for turning sprinting on
- Added support for the cvar sv_gravity
- Moved routing engine for the bots into the engine for better CPU performance
- Rewrote bot AI from the ground up to take items, health and mission objectives into account
- Tweaked grenade throwing and fixed a bug in which cooked grenades don’t make a sound
- Fixed the akimbo pistols not having a proper recoil upon firing both guns at the same time
- Fixed the double-shot muzzleflash issue with akimbo pistols
- All sorts of stability fixes across the board